Agenda and Schedule of Events
Parishoners are invited to participate in the events commemorating the 50th anniversary of Immaculate Conception Church, dedicated on December 8, 1972.
- Sunday, September 11, 2022 - ICC Parish Picnic and 50th Jubilee Festival
- Saturday, October 1, 2022 - Rosary March in Coeur d'Alene
- Thursday, December 8, 2022 - Candlelit Procession and 50th Anniversary of Immaculate Conception Church
- Friday, December 9, 2022 - Immaculate Conception Academy Presentation
- Saturday, December 10 - The Beacon of Faith - A Symposium on Catholic Tradition in the Northwest United States
- Sunday, December 11 - ICC 50th Jubilee Banquet
Sunday, September 11, 2022 – ICC Parish Picnic and 50th Jubilee Festival
This kicks off the 50th Jubilee by commemorating the day of September 6, 1972, when John O’Neill purchased St. George’s Catholic Church from the Idaho Department of Highways and began planning to move it to a suitable location. In October, he purchased the land where the current church stands. In November, Harlie Catlow of House Moving Specialists transferred the church, and on December 8, 1972 Fr. Edward DeBusschere dedicated it as Immaculate Conception Church.
Immediately following the noon Mass, come join us for an afternoon of festivities, games, and food, to celebrate this milestone of our church! Please sign up to bring a side dish and form a team to join in the games. The sign-up sheets for food are in the vestibule. There will also be a golf ball drop where you can win $500 by purchasing a golf ball for $10 each. We hope to see you there! Volunteers Needed: Women and Teenage girls, to help supervise the Junior Girls’ and Adult Women’s Games. There will be an orientation prior to the event. Please email [email protected] to sign up.
- 12:00 p.m. - Cooks start cooking (hotdogs/burgers)
- 1:30 p.m. - Grace & Picnic
- 2:30 p.m. - Talent Show
- 3:00 p.m. - Raffle/Fun Activities/Games/Music
- 5:15 p.m. - Awards
- 5:30 p.m. - Golf Ball Drop
- 6:00 p.m. - Closing Prayer
- 7:00 p.m. - Benediction
Saturday, October 1 – Rosary March in Coeur d'Alene
- 10:00 a.m. - 15 Decade Rosary March at Independence Point Park
Thursday, December 8 – Candlelit Procession and 50th Anniversary of Immaculate Conception Church
- 6:00 p.m. - Solemn High Mass, Candlelight Procession, Consecration of the City, Reception
Friday, December 9 – Immaculate Conception Academy Presentation
- 7:00 p.m. - Presentation in the Church Basement
Saturday, December 10 – The Beacon of Faith - A Symposium on Catholic Tradition in the Northwest United States
This is a full-day event reviewing the history of Catholicism and the SSPX in the Northwest United States, celebrating the memory of everything that has been done to achieve what we have, and to inspire those to continue making it better. Including Bishop Bernard Fellay as keynote speaker.
- 7:15 a.m. - Holy Mass @ ICC Church
- 8:00 a.m. - Breakfast @ ICC Church
- 9:00 a.m. - Registration @ Red Lions Templin's Resort Post Falls
- 9:30 a.m. - Welcoming Remarks
- 9:35 a.m. - Pre-Vatican II History of the Northwest
- 10:15 a.m. - A Parish Begins, Immaculate Conception is established.
- 11:00 a.m. - Immaculate Conception Joins the SSPX
- 11:45 a.m. - Lunch/Break
- 1:30 p.m. - Roundtable Discussion
- 2:15 p.m. - Carmelites Arrive/Dominican Sisters - their school & order
- 3:00 p.m. - Fr. Edward DeBusschere and the Story of Immaculate Conception Church
- 3:45 p.m. - Keynote Address by Bishop Bernard Fellay
- 4:30 p.m. - Rosary
- 5:00 p.m. - Happy Hour
Reservations are required to attend the Symposium. Breakfast is provided, but Lunch/Happy Hour is the responsibility of the attendees. Please use the form below to register all adults attending the Symposium.
TIP: Parents should consider arranging babysitting for their younger children. Due to space limitations at the venue (Templins) only ages 16+. Older children and young adults are highly encouraged to come learn about the rich history and the heroes of our parish and the SSPX. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Sunday, December 11 – ICC 50th Jubilee Banquet at the Kootenai County Fairgrounds in Coeur d’Alene, ID
This is a large venue and free for all families to attend this elegant evening. If bringing younger children, please plan to keep them under your close supervision. Registration is required, with an optional recommended donation. A cash bar will be available for purchasing drinks. We are asking for each family to bring their favorite traditional family (preferably homemade) dessert to share.
- 10:00 a.m. - Pontifical High Mass
- 4:00 p.m. - Doors open
- 4:30 p.m. - Presentation on the story of Immaculate Conception Church
- 5:00 p.m. - Cocktail hour with live chamber music
- 6:00 p.m. - Dinner (TBD)
- 6:45 p.m. - Keynote address
Reservations are required to attend the Sunday Banquet. Please use the form below to register all adults and children attending the Banquet.