The Seminary of St. Thomas Aquinas in Dillwyn, Virginia, is accepting applications for a qualified bookkeeper to assist in managing their day-to-day accounting and finance requirements.
Candidates for this full-time position would optimally have experience in the accounting or similar financial fields, and a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field. Work experience could be considered in lieu of a degree.
Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good interpersonal relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
Outline of Additional Qualifications Considered:
- Strong knowledge of generally-accepted accounting principles;
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks;
- Experience in services related to payroll such as writing checks and submitting payroll taxes;
- Understanding of non-profit practices and tax worksheets & computations.
The full-time position is available on-site at the St. Thomas Aquinas Seminary, in Dillwyn, VA, with access to daily Mass and the sacraments.
For further discussion or to submit your resume, please email Marion Martin or submit by mail:
St. Thomas Aquinas Seminary
1208 Archbishop Lefebvre Avenue
Dillwyn, VA 23936